Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blog 10: And on to Plan B

NOTE: So, unfortunately, my original idea of interviewing my friend's Satanist aunty in Yakima didn't work out...
❀ ❀ 

It's four o'clock in the afternoon. The sun is out, the sky is clear and blue, the wind is light. Spring is finally here in Forest Grove, Oregon. College students are gathered in bunches on the green grass of the quad, lounging around in shorts, tanks, and slippers. Among them is 22-year-old transfer student Zammir Ibrahim, who is sitting off to the side in the shade of the Walter Hall building. Better known as Tommy, he is eloquently dressed in dark jeans, a patterned shirt, covered shoes, and Ray Ban sunglasses.

What's the first thing that I ask him? "Why are you sitting in the shade?"

Now, let's get something straight. About fifteen minutes prior to meeting up with him, he called me to let me know where he was. I invited him to come over to my dorm room, but he said that he wasn't welcome there. What? That was the first I'd heard of that. Did he get into a fight with one of my roommates again? But no, it turned out he was just joking around. Typical Tommy. He insisted we do the interview outside since it was a nice day out. But here he is, sitting in the shade. Again, I say, typical Tommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment